Inventory and Allocations Manager
What We Are Building
Hiku is focused on building a portfolio of iconic, engaging cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences and handcrafted cannabis production. With a national retail footprint led by Tokyo Smoke, craft cannabis production through DOJA’s ACMPR licensed grow, and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms, Hiku houses an industry-leading portfolio that sets the bar for cannabis brands in Canada.
We are looking for an Allocator to join us in Vancouver or Toronto to ensure our stores have the appropriate inventory levels and product to drive their business and hit their sales goals
What We Are Looking For
With a proven track record, the Inventory & Allocations Manager will be responsible for developing and leading inventory strategies that maximize the financial and merchandising objectives of the business. You will build a strong relationship with Merchandising, Planning, Stores and Supply chain, to continuously ensure business objectives are being met and standard inventory operating processes are being followed.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for best-in-class Inventory Management, engaging with appropriate stakeholders in the business
- Work in conjunction with Planning, Merchandising and Supply Chain to develop a comprehensive Inventory Replenishment Program for both cannabis and accessories product. Continually manage the program always looking for areas of improvement
- Manage a team of allocators to ensure the right product mix is always in the right stores, and capital expenditures in inventory levels are being optimized
- Partner with Supply Chain to develop and optimize a Store Transfer Process to maximize full-price sell through of product in stores
- Monitor and make recommendations for DC inventory, identifying stock-outs and high weeks of supply
- Partner with Merchandising and Visual Merchandising to develop store minimum presentation units and back-stock capacities for use in purchasing decisions
- Lead the Inventory Receiving Process for New Store Openings ensuring all Inventory Standard Operating Procedures are being followed and supporting where required
- Analyze store and provincial trends and make inventory recommendations to improve productivity of merchandise through initial allocations and replenishment
- Minimum 5+ years Inventory & Allocations experience in a retail environment
- Education and training in business or other relevant area
- Analytical and detail orientated with a strong ability to review and report data
- Entrepreneurial in nature and solutions focused
- Exceptional cross functional relationship building and communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!