Retail Assistant Buyer
What We Are Building
Hiku is focused on building a portfolio of iconic, engaging cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences and handcrafted cannabis production. With a national retail footprint led by Tokyo Smoke, craft cannabis production through DOJA’s ACMPR licensed grow, and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms, Hiku houses an industry-leading portfolio that sets the bar for cannabis brands in Canada.
We are looking for a Retail Assistant Buyer to join us in Toronto to support the purchasing process for one of our categories.
What We Are Looking For
With experience in the retail industry, and a strong financial acumen, the Retail Assistant Buyer will be responsible for in-season management of inventory & purchase orders to support the company financial goals and objectives.
- Create and maintain items in ERP system. Work with Planning to ensure product hierarchy is reflected in ERP and make recommendations for improvements or changes to ensure clarity of data and reporting.
- Write purchase orders with direction from Buyer and Inventory & Allocations Manager in ERP ensuring accuracy of information and timely communication to necessary parties to secure product supply.
- Where applicable prepare Retail Order Forms to submit to Government Bodies in order to communicate purchase requests.
- Validate purchase order confirmations from Vendors, Licensed Producers or Government Bodies against purchase requests, and identify any variances for the Buyer to action.
- Partner with Ecomm. team to ensure all product data displayed online is timely and accurate, and they are aware of new products and deliveries to be added or highlighted on site.
- Partner with Retail Marketing to have cannabis products (where applicable) classified under the 5 usage Intents and work with necessary parties to ensure store assets are prepared to coincide with product delivery.
- Where applicable track delivery updates from Licenced Producers, Vendors or Government Bodies to ensure projected inventory receipts are tracking to inventory plans. Identify any variances to Buyer and Planning.
- Manage, maintain and set-up new vendor information in ERP with direction from Buyer, and cleanse old vendors in database as needed.
- Maintain strong working relationships with all vendors, Licensed Producers and Government Bodies.
- Work cross-functionally as needed to ensure product information (new launches, new categories, de-lists etc.) are being shared with appropriate parties as needed.
- 3+ years experience in an analytical role in a retail environment
- Relevant education and training, BA preferred
- Entrepreneurial in nature and solutions focused
- Analytical and product focused with a strong ability to interpret data and make recommendations
- Strong cross functional relationship building and communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!