Email Marketing & Analytics Manager
What We Are Building
Hiku is focused on building a portfolio of iconic, engaging cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences and handcrafted cannabis production. With a national retail footprint led by Tokyo Smoke, craft cannabis production through DOJA’s ACMPR licensed grow, and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms, Hiku houses an industry-leading portfolio that sets the bar for cannabis brands in Canada.
We are looking for a Email Marketing & Analytics Manager to join the marketing team to manage and grow our CRM database execute a robust email marketing strategy as well as manage analytics for digital marketing campaigns and ongoing reporting. If you’re a self-starter with strong organization skills, able to balance creativity with analytical thinking, and have an excellent eye for detail, we’d love to meet you!
What We Are Looking For
As the Email Marketing & Analytics Manager, you will work in a multi-faceted role and be responsible for managing and executing our CRM & email marketing strategy, implementing A/B & multivariate testing & campaign optimization, and managing digital analytics & reporting. You’ll have the opportunity to work in collaboration with subject matter experts in digital marketing, eCommerce, content creation, experiential marketing, creative design, and brand marketing.
Reporting to the Head of Digital, the Email Marketing & Analytics Manager will be a key contributor to flawlessly executing digital marketing campaigns, growing our CRM database, and providing actionable digital marketing insights.
Email Marketing & CRM:
- Build & deploy segmented email campaigns with content tailored to subscriber preferences & provincial regulations
- Execute CRM & Email Strategy:
- List Growth using organic & paid tactics
- Implement & manage a new subscriber Welcome Program
- Develop and manage a subscriber Preference Centre
- Execute Content Personalization and tailored messaging to subscribers based on preferences, insights, and marketing initiatives
- Manage marketing automation initiatives to support brand & marketing campaigns, eCommerce, and retail marketing initiatives
- Deploy surveys and insights gathering techniques to build subscriber data and customer insights
- Improve subscriber targeting techniques
- List hygiene initiatives to ensure complete and accurate subscriber detail
- Email template development in collaboration with creative
- Work across internal teams to coordinate email marketing & CRM projects, manage workback schedules, deliverables, and distribution to align with organizational priorities & plans
- Manage technical aspects of CRM/ email marketing system to ensure optimization, delivery and service
Optimization, Reporting & Analysis:
- Implement testing & optimization opportunities including A/B or multivariate testing on email/ CRM platforms, websites & campaign microsites, and other digital marketing platforms
- Reporting dashboard management, optimization, and maintenance (e.g. Tableau); set up of dashboards for ongoing initiatives and campaigns, optimize for insights gathering based on stakeholder objectives
- Lead Google Analytics reporting, including tagging, goal/lead management, and dashboards to ensure that all activities are properly tracked and measured across all digital campaigns, channels, and activities
- Pull & manage the weekly/monthly reporting to analyze digital marketing results across channels, campaigns, platforms and segments, work with Head of Digital and other team members to compile, analyze, and develop actionable insights
- Support in sharing insights and opportunities with internal stakeholders, seeking ways to improve and optimize activities on an ongoing basis
Channel Development & Maintenance:
- Support Head of Digital & internal team in the development and execution of various digital campaigns as needed, including updates and QA testing
- Periodically audits and reviews content on digital channels/platforms to determine if updates are required
- University or college degree with at least 3-4 years of experience in a similar role managing email marketing/CRM, analysis & reporting, digital marketing, e-commerce, or other relevant field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience managing email marketing & digital analytics platforms, including optimizing and reporting on these platforms
- Experience coordinating and maintaining schedules, project plans, and/or content calendars.
- Experience using Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Tableau and/or other email marketing and analytics platforms; ability to work with features and functionalities of mainstream ecommerce and email platforms
- Experience with Squarespace, Trello, Wordpress, & Shopify an asset
- Experience with email marketing and SEO execution & implementation an asset
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent organization and time-management skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player and demonstrate personal initiative to complete the work
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities