Email Marketing Manager
What We Are Building
We are a portfolio of premium, purpose-led cannabis brands, rooted in authenticity and design. Whether Tokyo Smoke, Van der Pop, Maitri or DOJA, our brands are known for connecting with our customers, building genuine communities, and doing so in creative, groundbreaking ways.
What further sets us apart is our unrivaled team. We’re comprised of the best of a diverse array of talents, hailing from different industries, united under the common goal of re-inventing what is possible in cannabis and branding. The ambition of our team, their passion, and the pride they take in the work that they do, is what makes us pioneers and leaders. We cultivate an environment where people are excited to come in and do their best work, free to be on the cutting edge and push boundaries.
We are looking for a Email Marketing Manager to join the marketing team to manage and grow our subscriber database to execute a robust email marketing/CRM strategy as well as manage email marketing campaign execution and reporting. If you’re a self-starter with strong organization skills, able to balance creativity with analytical thinking, and have an excellent eye for detail, we’d love to meet you!
What We Are Looking For
As the Email Marketing Manager, you will work in a multi-faceted role and be responsible for managing and executing our CRM & email marketing strategy, implementing A/B & multivariate testing & campaign optimization, and leading the aggregation of digital analytics & reporting. You’ll have the opportunity to work in collaboration with subject matter experts in digital marketing, eCommerce, content creation, experiential marketing, creative design, and brand marketing.
Reporting to the Head of Digital, the Email Marketing Manager will be a key contributor to flawlessly executing digital marketing campaigns, growing our CRM database, and providing actionable digital marketing insights.
Email Marketing & CRM:
- Build & deploy segmented email marketing campaigns with content tailored to subscriber preferences & provincial regulations to support all Hiku brands
- Execute CRM & Email Strategy:
- List Growth using organic & paid tactics
- Implement & manage a new subscriber Welcome Program
- Develop and manage a subscriber Preference Centre
- Execute Content Personalization and tailored messaging to subscribers based on preferences, insights, and marketing initiatives
- Manage marketing automation initiatives to support brand & marketing campaigns, eCommerce, and retail marketing initiatives
- Deploy surveys and insights gathering techniques to build subscriber data and customer insights
- Improve subscriber targeting techniques
- List hygiene initiatives to ensure complete and accurate subscriber detail
- Email template development in collaboration with creative
- Work across internal teams to coordinate email marketing & CRM projects, manage workback schedules, deliverables, and distribution to align with organizational priorities & plans
- Manage technical aspects of CRM/ email marketing system to ensure optimization, delivery and service
- Support in the migration of email marketing platforms in coordination with the digital team, IT and agency partners
Optimization, Reporting & Analysis:
- Implement testing & optimization opportunities including A/B or multivariate testing on email/ CRM platforms, and integration with websites & campaign microsites, and other digital marketing platforms
- Reporting dashboard management, optimization, and maintenance; set up of dashboards for ongoing initiatives and campaigns, optimize for insights gathering based on stakeholder objectives
- Lead Google Analytics reporting, including tagging, goal/lead management, and dashboards to ensure that all email & CRM activities are properly tracked and measured across digital campaigns, channels, and activities
- Pull & manage the weekly/monthly reporting to analyze digital marketing results across the email channel, campaigns, platforms and segments; work with Head of Digital and other team members to compile, analyze, and develop actionable insights
- Support in sharing insights and opportunities with internal stakeholders, seeking ways to improve and optimize activities on an ongoing basis
- University or college degree with at least 3-4 years of experience in a similar role managing email marketing/CRM, analysis & reporting, digital marketing, e-commerce, or other relevant field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience managing Enterprise level email marketing & digital analytics platforms, including optimizing and reporting on these platforms - experience with Adobe Campaign, Adobe Analytics and the full Adobe Stack is an asset
- Experience coordinating and maintaining schedules, project plans, and/or content calendars
- Experience using the Adobe Stack, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Tableau and/or other email marketing and analytics platforms; ability to work with features and functionalities of mainstream ecommerce and email platforms
- Experience with Squarespace, Trello, Wordpress, & Shopify an asset
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Suite
- Excellent organization and time-management skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player and demonstrate personal initiative to complete the work
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities