What We Are Building
Hiku is focused on building a portfolio of iconic, engaging cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences and handcrafted cannabis production. With a national retail footprint led by Tokyo Smoke, craft cannabis production through DOJA’s ACMPR licensed grow, and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms, Hiku houses an industry-leading portfolio that sets the bar for cannabis brands in Canada.
What We Are Looking For
Reporting to the Director of Product Planning and Merchandising, the Allocator will ensure our stores have the appropriate inventory levels and product to drive the business and hit sales goals. With a proven track record, the Allocator will be responsible for the execution of allocations in order to maintain an ideal level of inventory by store to maximize profitability and meet and exceed our sales plan.
The Allocator will build a strong relationship with stores and establish continuous lines of communication to collect feedback regarding assortment needs and inventory requests. Based in Toronto or Vancouver, the Allocator loves to dig into numbers and thrives in fast-paced environments. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding retail organization in a budding industry and have a direct impact on the business through measurable results.
- Action the allocation of product to stores, ensuring these reflect store sales goals and assortment plans
- Manage overall inventory levels across all channels based on store capacity, seasonality and selling trends
- Maintain the appropriate store inventory by product mix to achieve sales goals
- Identify opportunities at a store level and communicate them to the merchandising and planning team to drive business
- Review and monitor DC inventory identifying stock outs and high weeks of supply
- Provide DC with weekly forecast of outbound inventory going to stores
- Continuously review and maintain store minimum presentation units
- Work closely with teams during the new store opening process to ensure new store inventory is set up properly
- Analyse store trends and performance to improve productivity of merchandise through initial allocations and replenishment
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting as needed
- Minimum 2+ years Allocations experience in a retail environment
- Analytical and detail oriented with a strong ability to review and report data
- Entrepreneurial in nature and solutions focused
- Exceptional cross functional relationship building and communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills