Director of eCommerce
What We Are Building
Hiku is focused on building a portfolio of iconic, engaging cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences and handcrafted cannabis production. With a national retail footprint led by Tokyo Smoke, craft cannabis production through DOJA’s ACMPR licensed grow, and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms, Hiku houses an industry-leading portfolio that sets the bar for cannabis brands in Canada.
What We Are Looking For
Reporting to the VP Retail, the eCommerce Director will be responsible for building, maintaining, and optimizing HIKU’s e-commerce platform and ensuring a seamless, on-brand customer experience. Partnering with internal and external partners, the E-Commerce Director will ensure the platform has the best in class capabilities to drive for results.
The eCommerce Director has a strong understanding of KPIs and how to develop smart strategies to create a seamless on-brand omnichannel experience. Unafraid of ambiguity and the challenge of working in an entirely new industry, the E-Commerce Director brings the creativity, energy and business acumen to build our e-commerce business from the ground up.
- Oversee phased e-commerce platform build out, including UX & design, fulfilment capability and IT integration
- Design and implement strategies to drive sales growth and create a seamless on-brand omnichannel experience
- Bring the in-store retail experience to life online, and develop strategies for closing the online-to-offline loop
- Work cross-functionally with the Marketing and Creative department to bring both national campaigns and local campaigns to life
- Ensure that the eCommerce platform has the best in class capabilities including up-sells, cross sells, enhanced content, etc.
- Work cross functionally with internal teams to launch new products and marketing campaigns with a specific focus on driving acquisition, retention, and loyalty
- Work closely with digital marketing to integrate with and optimize SEO, CRM/email marketing, and traffic driving & retention initiatives
- Develop complex targeting and personalization strategies to deliver the right message to the right consumer at the right time to drive retention & acquisition, reduce churn, and maintain strong engagement
- Lead new product launches on eCommerce and provide expert guidance to cross functional teams on how to leverage the ECommerce direct channel for these campaigns
- Manage & update all products, promotions, campaigns, and messaging on the platform
- Compile and analyze sales trends and marketing performance to identify opportunities and threats
- Manage & optimize user journey to drive sales and limit barriers on the path to purchase
- Define KPIs and establish time-based goals, generate forecasts, and compile reporting to be shared with key stakeholders
- Generate, analyze & interpret results and analytics to deliver data- & insights-driven strategies to deliver top performance and achieve KPIs
- Work with key stakeholders to resolve eCommerce operational issues that impact consumer experience
- Responsible for for driving eCommerce sales and managing all expenses as they pertain to the eCommerce business
- 10+ years experience managing and growing and ecommerce business
- Strong combination of being data-informed and creative, while knowing how to effectively balance the two to achieve results
- Ability to balance short-term gains with long-term impact. Ability to foresee the long-term impact of those short-term gains and properly utilize that knowledge to determine the appropriate next steps
- Highly collaborative with a passion for analytics, innovative marketing, and creative excellence
- Experience with Google Analytics, Shopify, Tableau, CRM/email marketing platforms, ERP & POS systems
- Experience in a regulated environment is considered an asset
- Post secondary degree in a related field is required