eCommerce Applications Manager
What We Are Building
Hiku is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canopy Growth Corporation, following its acquisition in September 2018. Hiku is a consumer-focused, brand-led licensed producer dedicated to building a portfolio of industry-defining cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences, and handcrafted cannabis production.
Hiku’s brand portfolio sets the bar for other cannabis brands, with the highest awareness and reach rates in North America. The brand footprint is lead by Tokyo Smoke, Canada’s 2017 Cannabis Brand of the Year; craft cannabis production through DOJA’s licensed grow; Maitri’s leading Quebec-based brand proudly founded in Montreal; and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms. Hiku is uniquely poised to create a tailored assortment of premium cannabis products to be retailed under each brand across Canada.
What We Are Looking For
Reporting to the Director of eCommerce, we are looking for an eCommerce Applications Manager to manage our eCommerce technology platforms, integrations, and custom built applications. This role is responsible for managing our internal developers, external technical partners, and feature roadmap to support the retail, eCommerce, and marketing teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing retail team in a budding industry. The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of eCommerce systems, API integrations (ERP, POS, Finance), and experience running agile development methodologies. While technical skills are key for this position, we are also looking for trailblazer that is comfortable with ambiguity and the fast paced nature of retail.
- Manage our custom back-end Shopify Plus application working with our Shopify Account Manager to maximize feature/functionalities while working within the platform restrictions for regulated industries
- Manage the front-end theme, including the feature development roadmap and agencies partners to resolve bugs and add new features in two-week sprints
- Work with business stakeholders to prioritize features based upon business impact
- Work with internal departments and external vendors on building/managing API integrations between our ERP, POS, and ECOM systems
- Write business requirements and develop SOW’s for projects including the development of custom ECOM applications
- Budget management to reduce scope creep and ensure accurate delivery timelines
- Project management to ensure parties are accountable to deliverables
- eCommerce Manager: Provides analytics and customer usage insights to the Applications Manager to surface the business needs
- Retail Ops Manager: Provides inventory data needs to the Applications Manager to ensure data synchronicity between Ecom and Stores (e.g. omnichannel functionalities)
- External Agencies: Provides front-end and back end development support
- 5+ years of in eCommerce or retail technology applications
- Bachelor degree in IT, Business, or Marketing
- Love for details, process, and clear deliverables
- Focused and clear communicator
- Strong integrity and comfortable holding team members accountable to commitments
- Calm, cool and collected perspective in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong understanding of technology (e.g. APIs, Data Movement, Cloud based architecture), but does not need developer experience
- Experience working with regulated industries a bonus
- Excited about working in the cannabis industry