Director, Planning and Allocations
What We Are Building
Hiku is focused on building a portfolio of iconic, engaging cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences and handcrafted cannabis production. With a national retail footprint led by Tokyo Smoke, craft cannabis production through DOJA’s ACMPR licensed grow, and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms, Hiku houses an industry-leading portfolio that sets the bar for cannabis brands in Canada.
We are looking for a Director, Planning & Allocations to join us in Toronto to lead our planning process and inventory management function.
What We Are Looking For
The Director, Planning & Allocations will be responsible for the financial management of all product sold in Toyko Smoke and Tweed Retail stores across Canada. This role will lead the strategic planning, forecasting, and allocation processes to meet the financial objectives of the company with a view on both the short and long-term.
- Leads the retail financial planning process taking into account regulatory changes both provincially and nationally, industry data, retail sales analytics where available and retail store growth plans to develop comprehensive merchandise plans for Toyko Smoke & Tweed retail banners
- Partners with Director, Buying & Merchandising to develop strategic merchandise financial plan for retail for both cannabis and non-cannabis products on a semi-annual basis
- Partners with Store Leads to develop store-level sales plan and merchandise plans that support regional goals and objectives
- Manages the Open-to-Buy and Monthly Forecasting Process to ensure fiscal responsibility around purchase orders and future needs of the business are being met with regards to inventory and supply availability. Partners with Finance to ensure they have visibility into future purchasing intents and requirements.
- Develops a strong working relationship with cross-functional partners including Store Operations, Retail Marketing, Brand Marketing and Finance to ensure business needs are reflected in merchandise financial planning and forecasts.
- Leads a team of Planning Managers, Inventory Managers and Allocators to ensure product is in the right place at the right time. Develops team and supports them with the necessary information and tools to maximize their potential.
- Monitors store-level merchandise financial results, ensuring optimal inventory levels are maintained for stores to achieve their sales targets and teams are adjusting levels and models where necessary.
- Oversee in-season inventory management, including allocations, markdowns, vendor returns, etc. to ensure profitability is being maximized and under-performing inventory is being addressed. Looks to develop synergies across both retail banners and identify areas for optimization and improvement.
- Lead process for merchandise retail reporting, identifying and refining KPI to report on and ensuring accuracy of reporting by team for both banners and same metrics are being used across the organization.
- 10+ years of Planning experience in a retail environment, including +5 in a leadership role
- Education and training in business or other relevant area, MBA considered an asset but not required
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others toward common goals
- Entrepreneurial in nature and solutions focused
- Exceptional cross functional relationship building and communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills