What We Are Building
Hiku is focused on building a portfolio of iconic, engaging cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences and handcrafted cannabis production. With a national retail footprint led by Tokyo Smoke, craft cannabis production through DOJA’s ACMPR licensed grow, and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms, Hiku houses an industry-leading portfolio that sets the bar for cannabis brands in Canada.
We are looking for a Planning Manager to join us in Vancouver or Toronto to manage and lead our planning process and inventory management functions.
What We Are Looking For
With a proven track record of success in the retail industry, the Planning Manager will be responsible for creating and managing the overall planning process as it relates to Tokyo Smoke retail stores. Reporting to the Director of Product Planning and Merchandising, the Planning Manager will maximize sales opportunities, optimize inventory levels and exceed company profitability objectives.
The Planning Manager is an entrepreneurial leader with advanced excel skills able to lead our inventory management process and strategy for improvement. Unafraid of ambiguous territory and energized about the opportunity to join a budding industry, the Planning Manager leverages deep retail experience to champion planning at Hiku Brands.
- Develop and manage category and product financial plans inclusive of sales, mark-up, inventory turn and margin with direction from Director, Product Planning & Merchandising and in line with overall company sales, inventory and profitability objectives
- Lead the company forecasting process by obtaining the necessary information from cross-functional partners (for example, brand launches, new deliveries, seasonal variabilities) to identify trends, performance and concerns; and making business recommendations as necessary
- Leads inventory management process and strategy improvement (for example, weeks of supply) by evaluating and identifying factors that impact store and item performance (for example, regulatory changes, store space, under-performing product) and making business recommendations as necessary
- Develop and manage purchase budgets in partnership with buying, accounting for varying provincial regulatory requirements and potential supply constraints
- Lead the weekly sales and inventory reporting process, identifying areas of opportunity and concern for the business to address as it relates to sales, inventory and margin
- Partner with Allocator to ensure optimal inventory levels are being maintained in stores and profitability is being maximized
- Partner with Supply & Logistics to maximize opportunities and develop strategies to feed inventory to stores working within regulatory restrictions and varying requirements by province
- 7+ years Planning experience in a retail environment
- Entrepreneurial in nature and solutions focused
- Analytical and detail oriented with a strong ability to interpret data and set strategy
- Exceptional cross functional relationship building and communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and excited about the cannabis industry