Senior Retail Training Specialist
What We Are Building
Hiku is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canopy Growth Corporation, following its acquisition in September 2018. Hiku is a consumer-focused, brand-led licensed producer dedicated to building a portfolio of industry-defining cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences, and handcrafted cannabis production.
Hiku’s brand portfolio sets the bar for other cannabis brands, with the highest awareness and reach rates in North America. The brand footprint is lead by Tokyo Smoke, Canada’s 2017 Cannabis Brand of the Year; craft cannabis production through DOJA’s licensed grow; Maitri’s leading Quebec-based brand proudly founded in Montreal; and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms. Hiku is uniquely poised to create a tailored assortment of premium cannabis products to be retailed under each brand across Canada.
What We Are Looking For
Reporting to the Retail Training Manager, the Senior Retail Training Specialist will be a full-time member of the training team supporting the creation and facilitation of training for our national retail teams. The Senior Retail Training Specialist will be responsible for ensuring an elevated experience for all retail staff completing training throughout Canada. The ideal candidate is passionate about retail and personal development, and is excited to work in a dynamic, young market.
As we continue to open retail locations across Canada, the Senior Retail Training Specialist will work with the training team to identify, create and roll out training programs for our retail teams. The Senior Retail Training Specialist will create foundational training programs, including further development programs that empower our teams to grow and develop themselves in key areas of the business. This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to a vibrant new retail industry and learn new skills quickly within a rapidly expanding organization.
- Work with the training team to create the foundational tools and principles on which our store training will be built
- Work with the training team to determine the training and development strategies for each role in the retail store architecture
- Work closely with Store Managers, District Managers and the Director of Stores to identify training needs based on the performance of their teams
- Work cross functionally with all departments and the training team to determine what training needs to be created and delivered to the stores
- Create training for trailblazing, passionate individuals that results in business objectives being achieved
- Train and develop District Managers, Store Managers and other members of the retail team so they can effectively train and develop their respective teams
- Create training programs tailored to the foundations of the store architecture, including: people, product, finance and operations, compliance, store experience, space, brand and community, and culture
- Lead a variety of different personality types in a dynamic, engaging and thoughtful manner
- In stores on a regular basis – training and supporting the retail teams
- Responsible for the successful roll out of training programs across Canada
- Able to see what the future needs of the business are and create training programs to support the growth of the business
- Complete any and all other training or development tasks as directed by the Retail Training Manager
- Undergraduate degree preferred with an emphasis in Business, Education, Marketing or Psychology desired
- Strong self and people leadership skills with 5+ years of leadership experience with proven results
- 4-5 years experience in retail, retail operations, training, merchandising, sales or marketing in the retail industry
- 2+ years experience creating and facilitating training programs
- Understands the requirements and functions of a leadership role within a retail environment
- Existing knowledge of the cannabis industry and cannabis products
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional skills in customer service, time management, flexibility, analysis, accountability, practicality, and feedback
- Strong presentation skills with small to medium sized groups - online and in-person
- Able to travel nationally as may be required time to time
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast paced environment
- Able to lift 5-30lbs, which may be required during new store openings
This position is available to candidates located in either Toronto or Vancouver.