Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
What We Are Building
Hiku is focused on building a portfolio of iconic, engaging cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences and handcrafted cannabis production. With a national retail footprint led by Tokyo Smoke, craft cannabis production through DOJA’s ACMPR licensed grow, and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms, Hiku houses an industry-leading portfolio that sets the bar for cannabis brands in Canada.
What We Are Looking For
The Senior Analyst, FP&A is the analytics lead and technical liaison for Hiku’s retail, wholesale and ecommerce sales channels. They are an experienced analyst, having previously demonstrated their innate ability to synthesize large amounts of financial and operational data into coherent messaging for senior leadership. Their experience working in retail means they know how to recognize and act on performance trends and business insights. But they are not tied to old ways, recognizing that cannabis retail presents a unique opportunity - and an exciting new challenge.
With a penchant for numbers, the Senior Analyst, FP&A provides thought leadership in the development of financial systems and reporting tools, adopting and changing them as our business and industry mature. They are a key member of the Hiku team and dedicated to our long term success.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop financial models and perform quantitative analysis of business performance Excel, Sheets and other tools
- Perform financial modelling, simulations, sensitivity analysis, hypothesis creation and testing
- Provide analytical support to financial forecasts and retail operating plan
- Create and communicate reporting, presentations, dashboards and business commentary for senior leadership
- Compare anticipated and actual results and identify areas of improvement
- Engage in an ongoing pursuit to improve accuracy of financial forecasts for the stores, ecomm and sales team
- Provide quantitative support and analytical leadership to finance team
- Responsible for KPI reporting, weekly and monthly; Produce weekly and monthly reports for the retail team
- Partner with cross-functional teams on ad hoc projects in support of Hiku’s strategic objectives
- Proven work experience as a Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Business Data Analytics or Finance
- Hands-on experience with financial and statistical software
- Management Consulting or Investment Banking Analyst experience an asset
- MBA, CFA or CPA preferred
- Ability to present financial data using detailed reports and charts
- Excellent analytical skills, expertise in Excel and other financial planning software
- Experience in retail, particularly multiple-location/national retail