Senior Project Manager - Construction
What We Are Building
Hiku is focused on building a portfolio of iconic, engaging cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences and handcrafted cannabis production. With a national retail footprint led by Tokyo Smoke, craft cannabis production through DOJA’s ACMPR licensed grow, and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms, Hiku houses an industry-leading portfolio that sets the bar for cannabis brands in Canada.
What We Are Looking For
Reporting to the Director of Store Development, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager - Construction to join our talented Store Development team. As we open multiple stores across Canada, our Senior Project Manager - Construction will own the construction process from start to finish, ensuring the seamless build out of beautiful, functional and compliant cannabis retail locations.
With strong organizational and negotiation skills, the Senior Project Manager - Construction is able to deliver results within budget. The Senior Project Manager - Construction will have the opportunity to build innovative retail locations by working cross functionally internally and with external suppliers, contractors and consultants.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with contractors, suppliers and consultants throughout the project life cycle
- Manage all aspects of construction project including scheduling and budgeting
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques to track and report project progress
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage tenant improvement and other construction projects
- Create, manage and report CAPEX budgets
- Regularly conduct site visits and reviews before, during and after the construction process
- Ensure store construction projects are turn-key ready for the Retail Operations team
- 10+ years’ experience in construction, ideally in a retail environment
- Related degrees and/or designations and/or PMP designation is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC
- Ability to read and comprehend shop drawings
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity