What We Are Building
Hiku is focused on building a portfolio of iconic, engaging cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences and handcrafted cannabis production. Hiku is differentiated as the only Canadian craft cannabis licensed producer with a significant national retail footprint and a growing brand house including DOJA, Tokyo Smoke, Van der Pop and Maitri.
We are looking to add a junior copywriter to the Hiku team at our Toronto office. Have what it takes to produce high-quality creative work? Send us your application and we’ll be in touch!
What We Are Looking For
As the copywriter for Hiku, you will work as part of the onsite creative and marketing team, brainstorming and writing impactful executions. You are passionate and creative, invested in working collaboratively, inhumanly self motivated, organized and meticulous, and tapped into what is new and inspiring in the culture at large. As a skillful storyteller, you have the ability to distill numerous inspiration points and ideas into concise pieces. You understand the relationship between eye-grabbing headlines and informative body copy. You can tailor your messages to different audiences. You are media-agnostic and open to exploring ideas beyond the basic brief. You can blend clever social copy with informative newsletter and blog executions to best meet brand objectives. And of course, you are on top of the latest trends and maintain best practices throughout your work.
The opportunity to work at the forefront of a new and burgeoning industry is exceedingly rare. This copywriter is inspired and excited about shifting the perception of cannabis, eradicating the stigma and redefining the vernacular. You're a key part of the Hiku Brands creative team and a major part of our company’s creative legacy!
- Work closely with the VP of Creative and VP of Marketing to present creative concepts and provide linguistic direction
- Work together with art directors, designers, marketing, retail, operations and experiential
- Provide copy for social media, newsletters, marketing materials, websites, event collateral, retail needs, and brand decks
- Ensure the brand voice of Tokyo Smoke, DOJA and Van der Pop is maintained across channels
- Understand the importance of brands and working within brand guidelines
- Develop new and interesting 360 creative approaches
- Contribute, through creative and strategic thinking, to the constant evolution of the Hiku brand portfolio
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in an agency or marketing role
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in writing emails, online banners, landing pages, website content, editorial and social content
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex material from different sources into content that engages and resonates with your target audience