Director of Retail Marketing
What We Are Building
Hiku is focused on building a portfolio of iconic, engaging cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences and handcrafted cannabis production. With a national retail footprint led by Tokyo Smoke, craft cannabis production through DOJA’s ACMPR licensed grow, and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms, Hiku houses an industry-leading portfolio that sets the bar for cannabis brands in Canada.
What We Are Looking For
Reporting to the VP Retail, the Director of Retail Marketing will be responsible for developing marketing strategies to drive awareness and traffic to our retail locations. The Director of Retail Marketing will work cross functionally to drive ROI for all retail marketing initiatives and collaborate with inmarket teams to ensure all efforts align with the big picture strategy.
As we open multiple retail locations across Canada, the Director of Retail Marketing will use a deep understanding of the retail business and experience in performance marketing to bring customers to our stores. The Director of Retail Marketing is energized by data and able interpret it successfully to create impactful campaigns.
- Work cross functionally with the creative and marketing teams to develop quarterly marketing plans that drive sustainable long-term sales and profit for the retail business
- Develop in store marketing and storytelling campaigns that align with the organizations larger business objectives
- Manage, lead and mentor a team of marketing specialists and coordinators in achieving results
- Ensure that consistent marketing messages are communicated at the right time with the right frequency across relevant retail marketing channels
- Analyze in store and market campaigns through post-mortems to determine success and provide recommendations to improve plan and spend
- Use data points to inform and guide decision making
- Work with key stakeholders on advertising optimization to get the best ROI on invested retail marketing dollars
- Coordinate and manage all creative and marketing collateral needs for the stores on a quarterly basis
- Manage and collaborate with the community teams and ensure their initiatives ladder up to big picture marketing plans
- Partner with the sales team to plan and implement 3rd party marketing initiatives within our stores
- Collaborate with the digital team to develop strategic initiatives that drive traffic to stores and leverage local storytelling opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with product teams, creative and other organic channel leads to support existing and new products and fuel growth
- Lead strategy, planning and implementation of all in-field advertising and marketing efforts
- Partner with the visual merchandising team to ensure all visual displays in store align with in store marketing efforts
- Advise and communicate with senior leadership team on all relevant marketing matters to ensure the right decisions can be made
- Manage the marketing budget for retail marketing and community programs
- BA or BS degree in Business, Marketing or related field of study, MBA preferred
- 7+ years experience in performance marketing,
- 5+ years managing others
- Experience in attribution and understanding cross channel impacts, incrementality, and how to track and attribute brand initiatives.
- Drive for operational results including budgets, timelines and efficiencies
We are also accepting applications from candidates located in Toronto.