What We Are Building
Hiku is focused on building a portfolio of iconic, engaging cannabis brands, immersive retail experiences and handcrafted cannabis production. With a national retail footprint led by Tokyo Smoke, craft cannabis production through DOJA’s ACMPR licensed grow, and Van der Pop’s female-focused educational platforms, Hiku houses an industry-leading portfolio that sets the bar for cannabis brands in Canada.
What We Are Looking For
Reporting to the Director of Store Development & Real Estate, the Procurement Manager leads the procurement strategies, processes and systems for the Tokyo Smoke retail team. The Procurement Manager will work cross functionally to ensure that our stores have what they need to succeed.
The Procurement Manager is a master negotiator, relationship builder and project manager. Using strong organizational skills, the Procurement Manager ensures supplier agreements are properly managed. As we open multiple retail locations across Canada, the Procurement Manager is a key partner for supporting in our new store openings.
- Cost and tender analysis for all goods not for resale and services
- Effective purchase order and invoicing work-flow and processes, including accurate and prompt payment of suppliers
- Ensure supplier agreements are in place
- Work together with Project Managers to ensure up-to-date information for Capex
- Investigate new supply sources in-line with the requirements of the business to better service its needs
- Analyze and negotiate prices for all purchases for stores
- Establish and maintain regular communication with all suppliers on quality, forecasts and price levels
- 5+ years of experience in retail procurement processes, systems and strategies
- Must be proficient in strategic sourcing, contract development and supplier management
- Knowledge of critical procurement legal requirements and contracting best practices
- Strong relationship and negotiating skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Results oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team